Here's our Liverpool FC transfer news roundup for February 1st, 2024. It was transfer deadline day and the Reds had decisions to make.
Thursday was transfer deadline day and Liverpool had some big decisions to make before the window shut. No, you didn't miss them signing anyone new - the Reds just have a big squad right now.
The options where there to send some players away, even if they were options Liverpool didn't take. On top of that, there's the truth behind their Andre chase in the summer - an unsuccessful one, of course.
Here's our Liverpool FC transfer news roundup for deadline day.
Liverpool reject Kelleher bid
Liverpool have rejected a late £15m bid for Caoimhin Kelleher, according to reports. The Reds won't even accept their asking price.
This comes from the Daily Mail. They report that Liverpool have rejected a late bid from Nottingham Forest for Caoimhin Kelleher.
Forest put £15m on the table for Kelleher but the Reds weren't willing to even negotiate. They rejected it out of hand - there's no chance of this one going anywhere.
In fact, Liverpool wouldn't even sell Kelleher for their asking price of £20m+. It's officially too late in the window for them to consider anything and they will be holding onto the Irishman for the rest of the season.
Reds to keep Clark around
Liverpool have made a late decision on Bobby Clark. The teenager has been linked with a move away on transfer deadline day.
The Athletic's James Pearce reports that Liverpool have decided not to loan out Bobby Clark. The 18-year-old has been linked with a move away late in the window - something that was supposed to happen earlier in the season.
Clark was on the verge of joining Derby County back in the summer but, per the Derby Telegraph, the Reds decided at the last minute to keep him around. Jurgen Klopp was at the centre of that, wanting the midfielder in his squad.
Injuries kept Clark out of the team, however, and he's only just started getting minutes. That led to talk that Liverpool could loan him out as teams lined up to get the teenager, per the Liverpool Echo.
And while Pearce confirms there is indeed interest, the Reds have once again changed their minds and will keep Clark in the first-team squad.
Liverpool consider Frankfurt pair
Liverpool have been linked with not one but two Eintracht Frankfurt stars in separate reports from Germany.
With the January transfer deadline passing on 1 February, the Reds are poised for their first mid-season window without a first-team arrival since 2019.
However, there is already plenty of talk about which players the club are targeting this summer.
To that end, separate reports from Sport Bild claim that Liverpool are interested in Frankfurt stars Willian Pacho and Hugo Larsson, but will face strong competition for both.
Fluminense president confirms Andre truth
Fluminense club president Mario Bittencourt has gone public with exactly what happened when Liverpool bid for Andre in the summer. The Reds were unable to get their man.
There was a lot of talk around Liverpool wanting to sign Brazilian midfielder Andre in the summer. Reports from all over the place suggested an offer went in, with reputable sources adamant that the Reds wanted him.
Well, now Fluminense president Mario Bittencourt has discussed the Andre situation and confirmed that all of the above is correct. Liverpool did indeed put in a big of around £25m, were told they'd need to wait, and then seemingly lost interest.
"We had a proposal by Andre of 30 million euros from Liverpool and said 'no' because we had determined, in agreement with the player, that we would not sell the athlete because we wanted to win the Libertadores," says Bittencourt, per Globo.