Villarreal forward Arnaut Danjuma has commented on the reports linking him with a move to Liverpool.
Earlier this month, the Dutchman said that he was aware of the Reds' interest in him.
However, Danjuma has made it clear that the aforementioned comments have been taken out of context.
As quoted by Anfield Watch on Twitter, he told Sky the following: "I'm aware of the interest because of the media, my phone literally went off all the time! I never actually confirmed the interest in from Liverpool. The only one that confirms that is my team. I haven't heard anything from my team."
A truly special journey, with iconic moments in our history delivered by @DivockOrigi time and time again…
Thank you for everything ❤️ pic.twitter.com/fXhc6y72TO
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) June 9, 2022
Anfield Watch Verdict
The summer transfer window is obviously exciting. It gives us a real buzz when the club signs a new player.
But, this particular time of the year can also be quite challenging, especially for those working in news rooms.
Plenty of rumours are spread. So, we are glad that Danjuma has clarified his initial comments.
We would be surprised if Liverpool made a move for the 25-year-old. Going by the news, the Reds will sign Benfica striker Darwin Nunez this summer.
Sky Sports journalist reported that the Uruguay international wants to move to Anfield and the forward is the club's number one target.has
Then again, you just never know what Klopp will do. He is brilliant at thinking outside the box.