How much Fluminense expect to receive for Andre Trindade

Fluminense 'believe' that they will receive offers over €35m (£30m) for Andre Trindade this January as interest in the midfielder ramps up.

Andre was famously a target for Liverpool during the summer transfer window, but a move was denied by Fluminense, who insisted on keeping their star midfielder in order to give themselves the best possible change of winning a maiden Copa Libertadores – South America's Champions League equivalent.

Club president Mario Bittencourt even admitted publicly that he had received a proposal from Liverpool CEO Billy Hogan, but told the Reds chief to wait until the winter in order to do a deal.

Back in September, he revealed to ESPN: “Liverpool’s Chief Executive contacted me directly. And I replied to him, ‘My friend, I don’t sell players now and I don’t deliver now.’ If you want to buy now to take in January we can start talking, or if you want to wait until December and we talk in December."

It turned out to be a good call from Fluminense's perspective, with Andre starring as the Rio club won their first Copa Libertadores title, beating Boca Juniors 2-1 at the Maracana on Saturday.

Anfield Watch understands that Liverpool have remained interested in the one-cap Brazil international since the summer and could revive a deal in January.

The Reds are not the only ones interested, seemingly. Globo Esporte reports that representatives from Liverpool, Arsenal and Fulham were all in attendance at the final, observing Andre.

READ MORE: Andre is the answer for Liverpool after trophy-winning display 

It's not new information that Andre has admirers from several clubs. However, Globo's article suggests there could it could spark a bidding war.

The report claims that Fluminense 'believe' that new proposal this winter should 'exceed €35m' (£30m) and the 'tendency is to accept the best offer that officially arrives'.

Though that price tag is unlikely to deter Premier League suitors, Anfield Watch has reported that it is Liverpool who will be given priority for a January deal, having laid the groundwork for the transfer last summer.

Due to good relations with both the player and Fluminense, the Reds may be able to queue-jump other interested clubs, if they want to do a deal.

Speaking ahead of the Copa Libertadores final, Andre addressed Liverpool's interested and the failed summer move, saying: “It really was an irrefutable proposal from the club that plays in a big league. I think every player one day dreams of playing for a big club in Europe, in a big league.

"But I decided to keep my word because when the last January window closed, Diniz [Fluminense manager] arrived and told me that he wanted me here until the end of the year. We didn't know that a proposal of that amount would arrive and I told him that, regardless of what happened, I would be there until the end of the season.

"It ended up passing and arriving in the middle of the year, we were still in the round of 16 of the Copa Libertadores. It was a very difficult decision to make. I think if I had accepted this proposal, I don't know if I would have felt 100% comfortable because I had already agreed with Diniz. He really values his word, his honesty and he always speaks to I know that when we do the right things, good things always happen. And in January he told me that without a doubt, if I stayed I would gamble and my value would increase."

Share This Article